Hawk Aerial enthusiastically set off abroad recently to teach and certify the Jamaica Public Service (JPS) Power Company in how to safely fly, maintain and utilize small Unmanned Aerial Systems for crucial power line inspection. A representative from the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority (JCAA) also participated in the training.
The multiple day excursion included classroom, group flight instruction, written test and one-on-one flight testing that culminated in completion of our UAS Training Course. JPS will confidently use its small UAS training to equip its power line inspectors with Hawk Aerial provided drone systems to more quickly, efficiently and safely maintain its country's power grid.
For those interested, we offer flexible UAS Training Course curriculum which includes:
- UAS airframes and components overview
- FAA Airspace definitions, regulations and operations within Class G airspace
- Procedures for pre-flight, post-flight, safety and maintenance of UAS, LiPo batteries and ancillary equipment
- Flight training and actual flying time for all students
- Specific training for your application, including Ground Control station mission planning and execution
- Certificate of completion from Hawk Aerial evaluated through a written and flight testing procedure